Ann Dunnewold, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist practicing in Dallas, Texas. She has more than twenty-five years of experience helping clients cope with life issues. Ann is the mother of two grown daughters, giving her first-hand understanding of life as a mom.
Ann has an eclectic approach to therapy, focusing on the here and now, altering one’s thinking in order to change behavior, and seeking mindfulness in everyday life. She specializes in helping clients address issues like creating harmony between the needs of family, self and work.
Ann’s credentials include:
- M.A. and Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from The Ohio State University
- Licensed as a health service provider psychologist in Texas
- Registered by the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Certified as a Perinatal Mental Health Provider, PMH-C, by Postpartum Support International
- Training in mindfulness meditation, Harvard Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy and Chopra Center
Ann specializes in helping clients address these issues:
- self-care and life balance, with specific expertise for academic and health professionals
- guilt and worry, particularly in parenting and significant relationships
- creating harmony between needs of family, self, and work
- negative thinking, perfectionism, control issues and associated anxiety
- consciousness, intention, and living the life you want
- mind-body interaction for emotional and physical health
- parenting and infant/child sleep issues
- emotional aspects of reproductive functioning, including PPD, PMS, and pregnancy
Ann also offers mind-body therapy and instruction.
- Training in mindfulness/meditation
- AAAI/IMSA certified yoga instructor
- Retreats and consultations on meditation, wellness, mind-body interaction and related topics