There are many free ways to learn mindfulness, including apps, local classes, CDs, or online programs. However, in order to reap the health benefits, learning mindfulness in a class with a health professional like Ann as a guide is like hiring a personal trainer. You can drag yourself to the gym to work out alone, but chances are you will get faster results if you work with a trainer. Participation in a mindfulness class is the same, as Ann can guide you to develop the skills more effectively than you might manage working on your own or with an app.
Many resources that offer mindfulness and meditation training do so within the framework of a certain religious or spiritual practice, such as Buddhism or Christian contemplative practice. The mindfulness classes offered by Ann are non-religious and instead center primarily in a psychological and neuroscientific perspective. This allows participants to expand and integrate their practice into their own spiritual beliefs, if they choose.
Regular meditation practice can be helpful in the ongoing medical management of these diseases/conditions:
- Immune system function, including flu prevention
- Migraine headaches
- Gastrointestinal distress, e.g. IBS
- Chronic pain
- Cardiac conditions
- Fertility issues
- Quality of life with chronic illness
- Quality of life during cancer treatment
- Post-concussive syndrome
Ann offers mindfulness classes at various times and locations. Classes are formed based on number of available participants. The primary location is Ann’s office, 8140 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite. 100.
Ann is also available to bring classes to your organization or place of business. Individual sessions are also available.
During a session, you will explore various methods of meditation, with a focus primarily on mindfulness-based meditation and mantra meditation. These sessions include support to integrate mindfulness into everyday life and can be ideal for your group or business to facilitate life-changing skills into wellness and/or spiritual growth programs.
- Individual instruction/guidance consists of 50-55 minute sessions. Made by individual appointment, content is tailored to the needs of the student ($165/hr)
- Group instruction is limited to 8 participants per 60 minute session. This training is offered as a four-part series, which takes place once a week for four weeks ($100/person/series)
For more information on class schedule or to schedule an individual or group session, please call Ann at 214-343-1353 or email her at email@example.com.