BOOKS & PUBLICATIONS
Ann is the author/co-author of six books addressing parenting, perinatal mood disorders, postpartum depression, and motherhood. To read about the books, click the Read More link.
Her most recent solo title is Even June Cleaver Would Forget the Juice Box, which introduces the new paradigm of the perfectly good mother, as opposed to the ones who overproduce, overprotect and overperfect.
Even June Cleaver Would Forget The Juice Box presents a new paradigm of parenthood–the perfectly good mother–that bucks the trend of parents who overproduce, overprotect, and overperfect in an effort to make sure they and their kids keep up. The tide is turning, from overcontrolling, overinvolved “perfection parenting” to a more relaxed, realistic model. Women want to resist the pressures of modern motherhood. No other book tells you how!
This book contains the blueprint for finding your own workable solutions. In this book, readers learn to:
- Let go of guilt and unrealistic expectations.
- Change the irrational thinking that keeps parents stuck in stress.
- Define and embrace your own “perfectly good mother.”
- Connect, not compete with other parents.
- Raise responsible, resilient children.
Published April 2007 by Health Communications, Inc. Available from the publisher at www.hci-online.com or at Amazon and other major sellers. Click to buy: Health Communications, Even June Cleaver Would Forget the Juice Box: Cut Yourself Some Slack (and Still Raise Great Kids) in the Age of Extreme Parenting
Life Will Never Be The Same: The Real Mom’s Postpartum Survival Guide. Order your copy from Amazon now!
“This book is just what the doctor ordered to help prevent or alleviate postpartum blues.” Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
Postpartum Emotions: The Blues and Beyond is the original award-winning video that features Ann addressing emotional adjustment after birth. Produced by Family Experience Productions and now available on DVD in English and Spanish. Please contact Family Experience Productions at 512-494-0338.
The following brochures are available:
- Postpartum Wellness and Postpartum Stress–Reproducible templates of patient education brochures available from Ann. Please call or write for information.
- “The challenges of pregnancy after infertility,” part of Resolve Fact Sheet #12A: Pregnancy after infertility. Available from Resolve, (617) 623 – 0744.
The Motherhood Club: Help, Hope, and Inspiration for New Mothers from New Mothers with Shirley Washington. Published by Health Communication, Inc.
If you have difficulty locating an item or would like more information, particularly about quantity purchases, please contact Ann at email@example.com