Ann Dunnewold, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist practicing in Dallas, Texas. She has more than twenty-five years of experience helping clients cope with life issues. Ann is the mother of two grown daughters, giving her first-hand understanding of life as a mom.
Ann’s training in mindfulness meditation was with the Harvard Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy and the Chopra Center. She specializes in helping clients address issues like creating harmony between the needs of family, self and work.
Ann specializes in helping clients address these issues:
- self-care and life balance, with specific expertise for academic and health professionals
- guilt and worry, particularly in parenting and significant relationships
- creating harmony between needs of family, self, and work
- negative thinking, perfectionism, control issues and associated anxiety
- consciousness, intention, and living the life you want
- mind-body interaction for emotional and physical health
- parenting and infant/child sleep issues
- emotional aspects of reproductive functioning, including PPD, PMS, and pregnancy
Credentials and approach to therapy:
- M.A. and Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from The Ohio State University
- Licensed as a health service provider psychologist in Texas
- Registered by the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Trained in mindfulness meditation, Harvard Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy and Chopra Center
- Eclectic approach to therapy, focusing on
- here and now
- changing thinking to change behavior
- mindfulness in everyday life
NEW! Ann now offers mind-body therapy and instruction:
- Training/guidance in mindfulness meditation–click here for detailed information
- Sessions offered individually and in group settings
- AAAI/IMSA certified yoga instructor
- Retreats and consultations on meditation, wellness, mind-body interaction and related topics.
With sincere apologies, Ann announces that, effective immediately, she will no longer be taking credit card payments.